STMicroelectronics IIS2ICLX Two-Axis Digital Inclinometer
Featuring high accuracy, high resolution and low power for industrial applications
The STMicroelectronics IIS2ICLX Inclinometer is a high-accuracy (ultra-low noise, high stability and repeatability) and low-power two-axis linear accelerometer with digital output.
With Embedded Machine Learning Core, the IIS2ICLX has a selectable full scale of ±0.5/±1/±2/±3 g and is capable of providing the measured accelerations to the application over an I²C or SPI digital interface.
The IIS2ICLX’s high accuracy and stability over temperature and repeatability make the device particularly suitable for inclination measurement applications.
The sensing element on the IIS2ICLX is manufactured using a dedicated micromachining process developed by STMicroelectronics to produce inertial sensors and actuators on silicon wafers.
The IC interface is manufactured using a CMOS process that allows a high level of integration to design a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element.
The STMicroelectronics IIS2ICLX has an unmatched set of embedded features (programmable FSM, Machine Learning Core mentioned above, sensor hub, FIFO, event decoding and interrupts) which are enablers for implementing smart and complex sensor nodes that deliver high accuracy and performance at very low power.
The IIS2ICLX is available in a high-performance (low-stress) ceramic cavity land grid array (CC LGA) package and can operate within a temperature range of -40 °C to +105 °C.
IIS2ICLX Key Highlights
- 2-axis linear accelerometer
- Selectable full scale: ±0.5/±1/±2/±3 g
- Ultra-low noise performance: 15 µg/√Hz
- Superior stability over temperature (<0.075 mg/°C) and repeatability
- Embedded compensation for high stability over temperature
- I²C/SPI digital output interface
- Low power: 0.42 mA with 2 axes delivering full performance
- Sensor hub feature to efficiently collect data from additional external sensors
- Smart embedded FIFO up to 3 kbytes
- Programmable high-pass and low-pass digital filters
- Programmable Machine Learning Core to integrate AI algorithms and reduce power consumption at system level
- Programmable Finite State Machine to process data from accelerometer and one external sensor
- Extended operating temperature range (-40 °C to +105 °C)
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- High shock survivability
- ECOPACK, RoHS and "Green" compliant
IIS2ICLX Block Diagram of Filters
STEVAL-MKI209V1K Evaluation Board
The STEVAL-MKI209V1K evaluation board has an embedded IIS2ICLX inclinometer sensor, which is connected through flat cable to a simple adapter board (STEVAL-MKIGIBV2) to render it compatible with STEVAL-MKI109V3.
| || |
The sensor is soldered precisely in the center of the board and double-sided adhesives are provided to allow users to conveniently mount the board on equipment destined for vibration analysis. Alternatively, you can mount the board using the holes located in each corner of the PCB.
The STEVAL-MKIGIBV2 can be plugged into a standard DIL 24 socket. The kit provides the complete IIS2ICLX pin-out and comes ready-to-use with the required decoupling capacitors on the VDD power supply line.
This adapter is supported by the STEVAL-MKI109V3 motherboard with high performance 32-bit microcontroller functioning as a bridge between the sensor and a PC, on which it is possible to use the downloadable graphical user interface (Unico GUI), or dedicated software routines for customized applications.
STEVAL-MKI209V1K Key Features
- User friendly IIS2ICLX board
- Complete IIS2ICLX pinout for a standard DIL 24 socket
- Double-sided adhesives included for easy mounting on equipment to be measured
- Fully compatible with and STEVAL-MKI109V3 motherboard
- RoHS compliant