SX-NEWAH: Industry’s First 802.11ah Wi-Fi Solution for IoT Devices
Powered by NRC7292 System-on-Chip from Newracom, SX-NEWAH is industry’s first IEEE 802.11ah Wi-Fi module that operates in the Sub 1GHz license-exempt band. It provides a much greater range over 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi technologies and a much higher data rate than propriety Low-Power Wide-Area (LPWA) technologies such as LoRa and Sigfox. Unlike these proprietary technologies, the SX-NEWAH is built upon 802.11ah technology designed to operate in IEEE standards. This unique solution enables streamlined data transfer interoperability with existing Wi-Fi networks while meeting upto 1Km long range data transfer with low power consumption requirements.
SX-NEWAH opens up unlimited possibilities for various remote monitoring applications such as industrial sensors, elderly monitoring, security surveillance, building automation and agricultural IoT.
- Improved Range: Long range (up to 1 km) connectivity (in-outdoor Wi-Fi). It offers at least a 10 dB advantage over 2.4 GHz.
- Low Power Consumption: Low power consumption for a multi-year battery operation. Whole home sensor coverage with 4dBm output power & no external power amplifier. Supports enhanced power save MAC modes.
- Rich Data Rates: Moderate data rates (up to 15 Mbps) with enough throughput to support TCP/IP, Internet discovery protocols and diverse applications such as voice, low/medium resolution video.
- Scalable: Can support large number of connected devices per access point, no need for repeaters and gateways. Supports over 100 nodes.
- IP Connectivity: It is the same as Wi-Fi. You can easily integrate SX-NEWAH in an existing IP network.
- Robust Wi-Fi Security: supports latest generation Wi-Fi® security - WPA3™
- Outdoor Coverage: Support for larger delay spreads. Robust connections with superior penetration through walls and other industrial environments.
- Wi-Fi Ecosystem: WFA interoperability and user experience.