Manufacturer Part #
7803SR Series 3.3 V High-Efficiency Switching Regulators with LM78XX Pinout
|Mfr. Name:||Murata Power Solutions|
|Input Voltage:||7.5V to 36V|
|Mounting Method:||Through Hole|
Features & Applications
The 7803SR-C (3.3 V output) step-down switching regulator is a modern drop-in replacement for older, ineffi cient, LM7805 and LM7812 linear regulators.
The 78XXSR's are pin- and size-compatible with industry-standard TO-220 SIP packages. A 260 kHz switching frequency provides for effi ciencies as high as 95%. Full-load (up to 0.5A) operation from 9 V, 12 V, 24 V, or 36 V supplies at ambient temperatures up to +70° C requires no heat sinks, no temperature derating, no forced-air cooling, and no external capacitors. 78SR switching regulators provide many signifi cant improvements over their linear counterparts: lower quiescent current (3 mA vs. 5 mA), higher input voltage (40 V vs. 32 V), and better output accuracy (±2% vs. ±5%). All these features combine to make 78SR regulators ideal for new or existing LM7805 & LM7812 applications requiring full-load operation at elevated voltages.
- 3.3 V/0.5 A, 5 V/0.5 A or 12 V/0.4 A outputs; Pin and size-compatible with LM7805 & LM7812 regulators
- Up to 95% effi ciency – no heat sinks or thermal derating required
- Two SIP-packages fi t existing TO-220 footprints:
- Vertical-pin models occupy less than 0.1 square in.
- Optional horizontal pins provide 0.350 in. installed height
- +7.5-36 Vdc operating input range; Low 3 mA quiescent current
- Built-in fi lter capacitors – no external components required
- –40 to +70° C operation at full load; Short-circuit protection
- Excellent load (±0.2%) and line (±0.3%) regulation Ideal for powering instrumentation from
- 9 V/12 V/24 V/28 V supplies or batteries Can be used with unregulated dc supplies protection