Manufacturer Part #
MIC2583 Series 13.2 V 2.5 mA Single Channel Hot Swap Controller - QSOP-16
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
2500 per Reel
Microchip MIC2583-LYQS-TR - Product Specification
Microchip has released a new Product Documents for the MIC2582/MIC2583 - Single-Channel Hot Swap Controllers of devices. Notification Status: FinalDescription of Change: 1) Converted Micrel document MIC2582/3 to Microchip data sheet template DS20006573A. 2) Minor grammatical corrections throughout.Impacts to Data Sheet: NoneReason for Change: To Improve ManufacturabilityChange Implementation Status: CompleteDate Document Changes Effective: 18 Aug 2021NOTE: Please be advised that this is a change to the document only the product has not been changed.
Microchip MIC2583-LYQS-TR - Technical Attributes
|Type:||RAID Systems Controller|
|No of Outputs:||Single|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MIC2583-LYQS TR is a single channel positive voltage hot swap controllers designed to allow the safe insertion of boards into live system backplanes. Using few external components, the parts act in conjunction with an external N-Channel MOSFET device, for which the gate drive is controlled to provide inrush current-limiting and output voltage slew rate control.
The MIC2583-LYQS TR is rated for operation from supply voltages from 2.3 V to 13.2 V, but can withstand transient voltages as high as 20 V without damage. Overcurrent fault protection is provided along with a programmable overcurrent threshold. Active current regulation during start-up ensures that inrush current never exceeds the programmed threshold. The MIC2583-LYQS TR provide a circuit breaker function that latches the output MOSFET off if the current limit threshold is exceeded for a programmed period of time. Dual-level fault detection allows very fast response to short circuit faults while preventing lower level overcurrent transients from causing “nuisance tripping” of the circuit breaker. For the MIC2583, a /FAULT signal is provided indicating overcurrent or undervoltage fault conditions.
- Provides safe insertion and removal from live backplanes.
- 2.3 V to 13.2 V supply voltage operation.
- Surge voltage protection up to 20 V.
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO) protection.
- Programmable inrush current-limiting.
- Current regulation limits inrush-current regardless of load capacitance.
- Dual-level overcurrent fault sensing eliminates false tripping.
- Fast response to short circuit conditions (<1 µs).
- Power-On Reset and Power-Good status outputs (MIC2583).
- Programmable output undervoltage detection.
- Electronic circuit-breaker.
- /FAULT status output.
- Auto-restart function (MIC2583R).
- RAID systems.
- Base stations.
- PC board hot swap insertion and removal.
- Hot swap CompactPCI cards.
- Network switches.
2500 per Reel