Manufacturer Part #
MIC3809 Series 2 mA 1 MHz Surface Mount Push-Pull PWM Controller - MSOP-8
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
2500 per Reel
|Supply Voltage:||2V to 14V|
|Operating Temp Range:||-40°C to +85°C|
|Storage Temperature Range:||-65°C to +150°C|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MIC3809YMM TR is a family of complementary output push-pull PWM control ICs that feature high speed and low power consumption. MIC3809YMM TR are ideal for telecom level (36 V to 75 V) isolated step down dc/dc conversion applications where high output current, small size, and high efficiency are required.
The dual-ended push-pull architecture of the MIC3809YMM TR allows more efficient utilization of the transformer than singleended topologies, allowing smaller size dc/dc solutions. Additionally, the out-of-phase push-pull topology allows a higher effective duty cycle, reducing input and output ripple as well as stress on the external components. The dead-time between the two outputs is adjustable between 60 ns to 200 ns, limiting the duty cycle of each output stage to less than 50%. The MIC3809YMM TR are built on a low-power, high-speed BiCMOS process. The 130μA start-up current and 1mA run-current reduce the size of the start-up circuitry and allow high efficiency even at light loads. The high-speed internal 4 MHz error amplifier allows MIC3808/9 operation up to 1 MHz. The MIC3808 has a turn-on threshold of 12.5 V whereas the MIC3809 has a lower turn-on threshold of 4.3 V. Both devices are available in SOP-8 and MSOP-8 package options with an operating range of –40°C to +85°C.
- Dual output drive stages in push-pull configuration.
- Leading edge current-sense blanking.
- 130 μA typical start-up current.
- 1 mA typical run current.
- Operation to 1 MHz.
- Internal soft start.
- On-chip error amplifier with 4 MHz gain bandwidth product.
- On-chip VDD clamping.
- Output drive stages capable of 500 mA peak source current, 1 A peak sink current.
- High efficiency “brick” power supply modules.
- Half bridge converters.
- Full bridge converters.
- Push-pull converters.
- Voltage-fed push-pull converters.
- Telecom equipment and power supplies.
- Networking power supplies.
- Industrial power supplies.
- 42 V automotive power supplies.
- Base stations.
2500 per Reel