Manufacturer Part #
MIC38C43 Series 6 mA 500 kHz SMT BiCMOS Current-Mode PWM Controller - SOIC-8
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
95 per Tube
Microchip has released a new Product Documents for the MIC38C42/3/4/5 - BiCMOS Current-Mode PWM Controllers of devices.Notification Status: FinalDescription of Change: 1) Converted Micrel document MIC38C42/43/44/45 to Microchip data sheet DS20006436A. 2) Minor text changes throughout.Impacts to Data Sheet: NoneReason for Change: To Improve ProductivityChange Implementation Status: CompleteDate Document Changes Effective: 19 Oct 2020NOTE: Please be advised that this is a change to the document only the product has not been changed
|Supply Voltage:||7.6V to 20V|
|Operating Temp Range:||-40°C to +85°C|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MIC38C43YM are fixed frequency, high performance, current-mode PWM controllers. Micrel’s BiCMOS devices are pin compatible with 384x bipolar devices but feature several improvements. Undervoltage lockout circuitry allows the ’42 and ’44 versions to start up at 14.5 V and operate down to 9 V, and the ’43 and ’45 versions start at 8.4V with operation down to 7.6 V. All versions operate up to 20 V.
When compared to bipolar 384x devices operating from a 15 V supply, start-up current has been reduced to 50 µA typical and operating current has been reduced to 4.0 mA typical. Decreased output rise and fall times drive larger MOSFETs, and rail-to-rail output capability increases efficiency, especially at lower supply voltages. The MIC38C43YM also features a trimmed oscillator discharge current and bandgap reference. MIC38C4x denotes 8-pin plastic DIP, SOIC, and MM8™ packages. MIC38C4x-1 denotes 14-pin plastic DIP and SOIC packages. 8-pin devices feature small size, while 14-pin devices separate the analog and power connections for improved performance and power dissipation. For fast rise and fall times and higher output drive, refer to the MIC38HC4x.
- Fast 40 ns output rise and 30 ns output fall times.
- –40°C to +85°C temperature range meets UC284x specifications.
- High-performance, low-power BiCMOS Process.
- Ultralow start-up current (50 µA typical).
- Low operating current (4 mA typical).
- CMOS outputs with rail-to-rail swing.
- >= 500 kHz current-mode operation.
- Trimmed 5 V bandgap reference.
- Pin-for-pin compatible with UC3842/3843/3844/3845(A).
- Trimmed oscillator discharge current.
- UVLO with hysteresis.
- Low cross-conduction currents.
- Current-mode, off-line, switched-mode power supplies.
- Current-mode, dc-to-dc converters.
- Step-down “buck” regulators.
- Step-up “boost” regulators.
- Flyback, isolated regulators.
- Forward converters.
- Synchronous FET converters.
95 per Tube