Features and Applications
The SP3238EEY-L/TR is a 5-driver/3-receiver device, ideal for laptop/notebook computer and PDA applications. The SP3238E includes one complementary receiver that remains alert to monitor an external device's Ring Indicate signal while the device is shutdown.
The AUTO ON-LINE® feature allows the device to automatically "wake-up" during a shutdown state when an RS-232 cable is connected and a connected peripheral is turned on. Otherwise, the device automatically shuts itself down drawing less than 1 μA.
- Meets true EIA/TIA-232-F Standards from a +3.0 V to +5.5 V power supply
- Interoperable with EIA/TIA-232 and adheres to EIA/TIA-562 down to a +2.7 V power source
- AUTO ON-LINE® circuitry automatically wakes up from a 1 μA shutdown
- Minimum 250 Kbps data rate under load
- Regulated Charge Pump Yields Stable RS-232 Outputs Regardless of VCC Variations
- Enhanced ESD Specifications:
- +15 KV Human Body Model
- +15 KV IEC1000-4-2 Air Discharge
- +8 KV IEC1000-4-2 Contact Discharge
View the Complete family of SP3238E RS-232 Transceivers