Bosch Sensortec BMP384 Pressure Sensor
Excellent performance, robustness and small size
The Bosch Sensortec BMP384 is a digital pressure sensor featuring a gel-filled cavity that allows higher robustness against water, liquids and other chemicals if the applicable integration concept is used. The BMP384 sensor is perfectly suitable for applications of water-level and clog detection. It is compatible for use with other Bosch Sensortec sensors, including the BMI088 for better performance, robustness and stability.
With its small footprint, the BMP384 pressure sensor offers outstanding design flexibility, providing a single package solution that is easy to integrate into other existing and upcoming devices for smart homes, industrial products and wearables.
The BMP384 sensor covers a wide measurement range from 300 hPa to 1250 hPa with its precision. The barometric pressure sensor is available in a compact 10-in 2.0 x 2.0 x 1.0 mm3 LGA package with a metal lid.
- Operates in three power modes: sleep mode, normal mode and forced mode
- Set of oversampling settings available:
- Ultra-low power to highest resolution setting to adapt the sensor to its target application
- Built-in IIR filter to minimize short-term disturbances in output data
- Designed for best possible fit into modern mobile consumer electronics devices
- Small footprint
- Very low power consumption
- Wide ranges for VDD and VDDIO supply voltages
- Water-level measurement in home appliances such as washing machines
- Clog detection in white goods such as dryers
- Measurement of relative pressure changes in humidifiers or smart inhalers
- Fitness applications in wearable technology with water resistant needs