TAIYO YUDEN Wi-Fi / 802.11 Radio Module
Includes antenna, filter and crystal in compact package
TAIYO YUDEN has developed a complete, application-ready Wi-Fi® radio module which is supplied pre-certified for use in the US, Canada and Japan.
Based on the 88MW320 radio System-on-Chip (SoC) from NXP Semiconductors, the TAIYO YUDEN Wi-Fi module integrates a trace antenna, Flash memory, band-pass filter, crystal, and power circuit into a shielded 21.4mm x 14.0mm x 2.4mm surface-mount assembly. It is available in two versions:
- WYSACVLAY-XZ IEEE 802.11b/g/n radio module
- WYSACVLAY-WX IEEE 802.11b/g/n radio module with Wi-Fi driver, operating system, and protocol stack
The RF portion of the 88MW320 SoC integrates a Wi-Fi controller, baseband, and direct-conversion radio with a power amplifier, a low-noise amplifier, and a transmit/receive switch. It also features a CPU sub-system which runs the application’s Wi-Fi firmware.
The 88MW320 SoC also includes an Arm® Cortex®-M4F processor core, which provides sufficient computing power to control the system and to run the user’s application code supported by 4Mbytes of Flash, 512kbytes of SRAM, and 128kbytes of ROM.
The SoC’s low-power operation is implemented via several low-power states with fast wake-up times. Its efficient internal power amplifier can also be operated in low-power mode.
- WBSACVLAY-XZ evaluation board for WYSACVLAY-XZ (no software)
- WKSACVLAY-XZ evaluation kit for WYSACVLAY-XZ (no software)
- WBSACVLAY-WX evaluation board for WYSACVLAY-WX (with embedded software)
|View all Issues of FTM|