STMicroelectronics’ STEVAL-BCN002V1B is a sensor node evaluation kit which provides a ready-made platform for applications that connect motion and environmental sensors to a remote host via a Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) radio link.
The STEVAL-BCN002V1 features a low-cost two-layer PCB, and is FCC and CE certified, and is supplied with board schematics, layout instructions and software.
The kit is comprised of an STEVAL-BCN002V1 multi-sensor board and an STEVAL-BCN002V1D programming board.
The CR2032 battery-powered STEVAL-BCN002V1 sensor board includes a BlueNRG-2 Bluetooth Low Energy system-on-chip. Its Arm® Cortex®-M0 runs both the Bluetooth protocol software and application code, including SensorFusion and VoiceOverBLE algorithms.
The sensor board also features:
- LSM6DSO six-axis inertial measurement unit
- LIS2MDL three-axis magnetometer with a digital output
- VL53L1X long range Time-of-Flight sensor based on ST FlightSense technology
- MP34DT05-A omnidirectional digital MEMS microphone
- LPS22HH MEMS pressure sensor, providing an absolute digital output over the range 260 to 1260hPa
- HTS221 capacitive relative humidity and temperature sensor
The sensor board communicates with any Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled smartphone running the ST BLE Sensor app, which is available on the Google Play and Apple iTunes stores.