What is it?
A buck converter (step-down converter) is a DC-to-DC power converter which steps down voltage from its input (supply) to its output (load) .
What problem does it solve?
The wide VIN buck regulator of the RAA212421 integrates both high-side and low-side nMOSFETs and can use internal or external compensation.
It is integrated with a 500mA LDO as well.
All this integration minimizes the required external components, reduces BOM count and complexity of design.
What are the features and benefits?
- Wide input voltage range of 3V to 40V
- Synchronous operation for high efficiency
- Integrated high-side and low-side NMOS devices
- Internal fixed frequency (500kHz) or adjustable switching frequency (300kHz to 2MHz)
- Continuous output current up to 1.1A