What is it?
The LIS2DTW12 is an ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis linear accelerometer and temperature sensor.
What problem does it solve?
It detects motion and acceleration such as free-fall, wakeup, highly configurable single/double-tap recognition, activity/inactivity, stationary/motion detection, portrait/landscape detection and 6D/4D orientation.
What are the features and benefits?
- Ultra-low power consumption: 50 nA in power-down mode, below 1 μA in active low-power mode
- Very low noise: down to 1.3 mg RMS in low-power mode
- 0.8 °C (typ. accuracy) embedded temperature sensor
What are the focus applications/markets?
- Fragile shipment tracking
- Motion and temperature monitoring in battery-powered devices
- Gesture recognition and gaming
- Motion-activated functions and user interfaces
- Display orientation
- Tap/double-tap recognition
- Free-fall detection
- Smart power saving for handheld devices
- Hearing aids
- Portable healthcare devices
- Wireless sensor nodes
- Motion-enabled metering devices