Microchip SAMA7G54 Microprocessor
High-performance Arm Cortex-A7 CPU-based
The Microchip SAMA7G54 is a high-performance, Arm Cortex-A7 CPU-based embedded microprocessor (MPU) running up to 1 GHz.
- The SAMA7G54supports multiple memories such as 16-bit DDR2, DDR3, DDR3L, LPDDR2, LPDDR3 with flexible boot options from octal/quad SPI, SD/eMMC as well as 8-bit SLC/MLC NAND Flash.
- The device integrates complete imaging and audio subsystems with 12-bit parallel and/or MIPI-CSI2 camera interfaces supporting up to 8 Mpixels and 720p @ 60 fps, up to four I2S, one SPDIF transmitter and receiver and a 4-stereo channel audio sample rate converter.
- The MPU also features a large number of connectivity options including Dual Ethernet (one Gigabit Ethernet and one 10/100 Ethernet), six CAN-FD and three high-speed USB. Advanced security functions like secure boot, secure key storage, high-performance crypto accelerators for AES, SHA, RSA and ECC are also supported.
Microchip provides an optimized power management solution for the SAMA7G54. The MCP16502 has been fully tested and optimized to provide the best power vs. performance for the SAMA7G54.
- Arm Cortex-A7 based MPU
- Performance up to 1GHz
- 256KB L2 cache, up to 533MHz DDR3L
- Complete Imaging and Audio Sub-System
- MIPI CSI-2 (2-lane up to 1.5 Gbps each) and 12-bit parallel camera
- Up to 8 Mpixel @ 60 fps
- Audio: up to I2S, PDM, SPDIF (Rx/Tx), 4 stereo channel ASRC
- Quad SPI, Octal SPI
- Up to 12x FLEXCOMs
- Optimized BGA ball-out facilitates 4-layer PCB designs
- Optimized Power Management IC and Integrated LDOs
- Well-suited for IoT security requirements
- Secure Boot
- HW Cryptography (AES/TDES/SHA/RSA/ECC)
- On-the-fly encryption/decryption from external memories
- 11 kB OTP for key storage
- Large number of connectivity options
- Dual Ethernet MAC (10/100/1000 Gbit + 10/100)
- Three HS USB PHY, 6x CAN-FD, 3x SD/eMMC
- TFBGA343 14mm x 14mm, 0.65 mm pitch
The SAMA7G54-EK evaluation kit enables evaluation and prototyping with the SAMA7G54 microprocessor.
The SAMA7G54-EK board itself features connectors and expansion headers for easy customization and quick access to leading edge embedded features such as Mikroelektronica click boards and Raspberry Pi expansion header plus MIPI CSI camera. The kit is supported by mainline Linux distribution as well as bare metal software frameworks and RTOS allowing you to easily get started with your development. The kit includes an on-board Embedded Debugger, eliminating the need for external tools to program or debug.