Microchip meets u-blox to take your Wi-Fi or BLE data to the Cloud over Cellular
The creation of your Bluetooth® Low Energy connected design just got easier. Through Future Electronics, you can leverage a Microchip IoT board with a u-blox SARA-R4 click board in combination with a wealth of extra features to offer the fastest path to the next new innovative wireless project. Not only that, Future Connectivity Solutions is by your side to provide modular solutions, software and complementary services to get the job done.
Connecting your board to the cloud
Simply connect your Microchip IoT board (PIC or AVR) with a u-blox cellular modem click board to get short or long range data over Bluetooth® Low Energy and up to the cellular cloud in just 30 minutes or less. Combine the above features with the latest code developed by Future Connectivity Solutions to develop your application efficiently.
Choose one of our Microchip boards below:
AVR – BLE
Part number: DT100111
The AVR-BLE development board makes eXtreme Low Power (XLP) wireless applications development quick and easy.
It combines a powerful AVR ATmega3208 microcontroller, an ATECC608A CryptoAuthentication™ secure element and the RN4870 Bluetooth Low Energy Module.
The board USB interface provides a convenient serial port (virtual UART), the simplicity of drag and drop programming, but also full programmer and debugger capabilities supported by two award-winning Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) - Atmel Studio and Microchip MPLAB® X IDE - giving you the freedom to innovate with your environment of choice.
PIC – BLE
Part number: DT100112
The PIC-BLE development board makes wireless applications development quick and easy.
It combines an eXtreme Low Power (XLP) PIC16LF18456 microcontroller, an ATECC608A CryptoAuthentication™ secure element and the RN4870 Bluetooth Low Energy Module.
The board USB interface provides a convenient serial port (virtual UART), the simplicity of drag and drop programming, but also full programmer and debugger capabilities supported by an award-winning Integrated Development Environment (IDE) - Microchip MPLAB® X IDE.
AVR – IoT WA
Part number: EV15R70A
The AVR-IoT WA development board combines a powerful 8-bit ATmega4808 MCU, an ATECC608A CryptoAuthentication™ secure element IC and the fully certified ATWINC1510 Wi-Fi® network controller. This provides the most simple and effective way to connect your embedded application to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) IoT Core platform.
PIC – IoT WA
Part number: EV54Y39A
The PIC-IoT WA development board combines a powerful PIC24FJ128GA705 MCU, an ATECC608A CryptoAuthentication™ secure element IC and the fully certified ATWINC1510 Wi-Fi® network controller - which provides the most simple and effective way to connect your embedded application to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) IoT Core platform.
AVR-BLE and PIC-BLE Key Features
To easily connect your device over Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE), all choices of Microchip boards are simple, smart and secure.
- The choice is yours: Select either the AVR-BLE board with an ATmega3208 MCU or the PIC-BLE board with a PIC16LF18456 MCU (PIC-BLE)
- Turnkey wireless solution: Skip the paperwork with the fully certified RN4870 BLE module
- Bells and whistles: Use the on-board accelerometer, temperature sensor and secure element to add functionality before you even reach for a breadboard
- Complete package: Take advantage of the on-board programmer and debugger that seamlessly integrate with MPLAB® X and Atmel Studio Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)*
- Pre-configured for development: Start visualizing temperature and accelerometer data as soon as you open the box through a pre-configured custom interface on the LightBlue® app
- Expand your design: Plug a MikroElektronika Click board™ into the on-board mikroBUS™ headers to add sensors, touch, displays and many more features
*MPLAB X IDE supports development with PIC, AVR and SAM devices; Atmel Studio supports development with AVR and SAM devices only.
Then, partner your chosen board with all three of the following:
- u-blox SARA-R4 click board: MIKROE-3072
- Convergia 3FF SIM Card* Register for free sim with purchase of the MIKROE-3072
- Taoglas SMA Antenna: TG.08.0113
See all PIC and AVR LTE Demo Files by Future Connectivity Solutions
Need more? Get all you need on FutureElectronics.com or contact your dedicated sales representative.