Become FPGA Ready with Microchip's Hello FPGA Kit
Low-cost and compact-sized, this field-programmable gate array knowledge kit is backed by Microchip’s SmartFusion®2 FPGA with its leading embedded Flash-based Arm® Cortex®-M3 processor.
The Hello FPGA kit allows the development of many applications – simple or complex – ranging from data acquisition and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to image and signal processing. The kit allows users to freeze the design while maintaining the I/O state for low-power applications, using Flash Freeze mode. The Hello FPGA board also includes a Microchip PIC32 MCU that is used to monitor power, program the SmartFusion2 SoC FPGA, and perform general housekeeping functions.
It also comes with Arduino and mikroBUS™ connectors to support additional expansion boards for even more prototyping capabilities. This makes the platform serviceable as a standalone unit or as an extension to existing Microchip kits over the PICkit™ Header.
The kit includes:
- FPGA Mainboard with SmartFusion2 M2S010-1VF256
- Camera Sensor Board (LI-0V7725-MICRO v1.0)
- LCD Board
- USB 2.0 A to mini-B cable
- QuickStart Card
Features (Included in the SmartFusion2 SoC FPGA):
- Artificial intelligence: Uses parallel processing to do real-time hand-written digit recognition
- Digital Signal Processing: Creates FIR/FFT filters
- Power monitor GUI: Shows how fast the instant-on wake-up time is while displaying power consumption for both operational and flash-freeze modes
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Dual PCI Express control planes
- Bridging function
- I/O expansion and conversion