NXP i.MX RT1170 Crossover MCU Family
First GHz MCU with Arm® Cortex®-M7 and Cortex-M4 Cores
The i.MX RT1170 crossover MCUs are setting speed records at 1 GHz. This ground-breaking family combines superior computing power and multiple media capabilities with ease of use and real-time functionality.
The dual core i.MX RT1170 runs on the Cortex-M7 core at 1 GHz and Arm Cortex-M4 at 400 MHz, while providing best-in-class security. The i.MX RT1170 MCU offers support over a wide temperature range and is qualified for consumer, industrial and automotive markets.
The NXP i.MX RT1170 MCU family features four target pillars that really set it apart from other devices with its performance, advanced security, rich feature set, and low-power.
Its dual-core device, boasting a 1 GHz Arm Cortex-M7 and a 400 MHz Cortex-M4, include a good amount of tightly coupled memory that further improves overall system performance. The NXP i.MX RT1170 MCU has advanced security features along with up to 2MB SRAM, and 2D hardware GPU, 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports (and another 10/100 port as well), 2 HS USB OTG with PHY and support for a MIPI display and camera. The i.MX RT1170 family is manufactured in 28nm FD-SOI technology, so it is optimized for both active power and leakage power.
Target applications for the i.MX RT1170 include IoT applications for smart home and consumer audio and industrial applications like factory automation and building control. The i.MX RT1170 is the first i.MX RT device that also targets automotive applications, such as in-vehicle HMI.
This page contains information on a preproduction product. Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
i.MX RT1170 Key Features
- 1 GHz Arm® Cortex®-M7 with 512 KB TCM
- 400 MHz Cortex-M4 with 256KB TCM
- 6468 total CoreMarks
- Advanced Security
- Secure Boot
- High-Performance Crypto
- Inline Encryption Engine (IEE)
- On-The-Fly AES Decryption (OTFAD)
- Tamper Detection
- Rich Integration
- 2MB SRAM
- 2D GPU and 2D Accelerator
- MIPI CSI / DSI
- 2 x 1Gbps Ethernet
- Low Power
- 28nm FD-SOI Process
- Optimized for both active power & leakage power
- Robust Ecosystem
- And more
- Smart home
- Consumer audio
- Emerging consumer & retail
- Factory automation
- Power & energy
- Building control
- Aerospace, defense & transportation
- In-vehicle HMI
- Two-wheel motorcycle/scooter cluster
NXP – i.MX RT1170 Crossover MCU Block Diagram
MIMXRT1170-EVK is targeted to provide the high performance solution to have all features on one board.
6-layer PCB with through hole design is used for better EMC performance with low cost.
The following key features are supported on MIMXRT1170-EVK:
- Consumer grade MIMXRT1176DVMAA chip running up to 1 GHz CM7 core and 400 MHz CM4 core
- Rich external memories configuration with 512Mb SDRAM, 512Mb octal Flash, 128Mb QSPI Flash, 2 Gb raw NAND Flash, 64 Mb SPI Flash and TF socket for TF card/SD card/WiFi module
- 2-lane MIPI DSI connector and CSI connector to support MIPI LCD and MIPI camera connection
- On-board Audio Codec (WM8960) to support one on-board MIC input, 4-pole headphone Jack and two external speaker connectors
- Supports 4 on-board DMICs, one MIC array expansion connector, and one SPDIF interface
- Supports two micro USB OTG port (on-chip PHY), one 10/100M Ethernet port (on-board PHY), one 10/100/1000M Ethernet port (on-board PHY) and one CAN port (on-board transceiver)
- Supports M.2 interface, Arduino interface, FRDM PMSM motor control interface and SIM card slot
- Supports on-board 6-axis ecompass sensor through I2C interface
- Supports on-board debugger (DAP-Link) and SWD/JTAG connector for standalone debugger
See all NXP Crossover MCUs