Manufacturer Part #
SY89843U Series 3.6 V Precision LVPECL Runt Pulse Eliminator 2:1 MUX - QFN-24
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
1000 per Reel
Revision History:September 1, 2015: Issued initial notification as PCN number CYER-31JLEX869.November 4, 2016: Issued intermediate notification as PCN number JAON-14FRVC158. Attachedthe Qualification Report. Revised the estimated first ship date (EFSD) to inform that the EFSD will be revealed in the final PCN.March 11, 2019: Issued final notification as PCN number JAON-14FRVC158-S200000027 for listed Micrel's Clock and Timing products manufactured with the S2 process technology. Providedestimated first ship date (EFSD) for each CPN listed in the attached parts list.The change described in this PCN does not alter Micrel's or Microchip's current regulatory compliance regarding the material content of the applicable products.Description of Change:Release to production of listed Micrel Clock and Timing product type manufactured with the S2 process technology to Microchip Fab.Pre Change: Fabricated at Micrel fabrication site (San Jose, CA, USA) using 6 inch wafers.Post Change: Fabricated at Microchip fabrication site using 8 inch wafers.Reason for Change:To improve productivity with the closure of the Micrel fab as part of the integration of Micrel and Microchip.
|Configuration:||1 x 2:1|
|No of Channels:||2|
|Supply Voltage:||2.375V to 3.6V|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The SY89843UMG TR is a low jitter PECL, 2:1 differential input multiplexer (MUX) optimized for redundant source switchover applications. Unlike standard multiplexers, the SY89843U unique 2:1 Runt Pulse Eliminator (RPE) MUX prevents any short cycles or “runt” pulses during switchover. In addition, a unique Fail-Safe Input protection prevents metastable conditions when the selected input clock fails to a DC voltage (voltage between the pins of the differential input drops below 100 mV).
The differential input includes Micrel’s unique, 3-pin input termination architecture that allows customers to interface to any differential signal (AC- or DC-coupled) as small as 100 mV (200 mVPP) without any level shifting or termination resistor networks in the signal path. The output is 800 mV, 100 K compatible LVPECL with fast rise/fall times guaranteed to be less than 190ps. The SY89843U operates from a 2.5 V ±5% or 3.3 V ±10% supply and is guaranteed over the full industrial temperature range of –40°C to +85°C. The SY89843U is part of Micrel’s high-speed, Precision Edge® product line.
- Selects between two sources, and provides a glitch-free, stable LVPECL output.
- Guaranteed AC performance over temperature and supply voltage:
- Wide operating frequency: 1 kHz to >1.5 GHz.
- < 880 ps In-to-Out tpd.
- < 190 ps tr/tf.
- Unique patent-pending input isolation design minimizes crosstalk.
- Fail-Safe Input prevents oscillations.
- Ultra-low jitter design:
- <1 psRMS random jitter.
- <1 psRMS cycle-to-cycle jitter.
- <10 psPP total jitter (clock).
- <0.7 psRMS MUX crosstalk induced jitter.
- Unique patent-pending input termination and VT pin accepts DC- and AC-coupled inputs (CML, PECL,
- 800 mV LVPECL output swing
- 2.5 V ±5% or 3.3 V ±10% supply voltage.
- –40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range.
- Available in 24-pin (4 mm x 4 mm) MLF™ package.
- Redundant clock switchover.
- Fail-safe clock protection.
1000 per Reel