Infineon BTN7030-1EPA Protected Half-Bridge
Featuring an integrated driver
The Infineon BTN7030-1EPA is a protected half-bridge with an integrated driver, providing protection and diagnosis functions. The device is integrated in SMART7 technology.
Part of the NovalithIC™ family, this half-bridge provides protection and diagnosis functions, making it ideal for many applications in the automotive body domain, such as:
- Door locks
- Trunk locks
- Cinching latch
- Thanks to the half bridge partitioning, it is also the perfect device whenever an individual half bridge is needed
Interfacing to a microcontroller is made easy by the BTN7030-1EPA integrated driver IC which features logic level inputs, diagnosis with current sense, dead time generation and protection against over temperature, undervoltage, over-current, crosscurrent and short circuit.
The BTN7030-1EPA provides a cost optimized solution targeting low current (<15 A) DC motor applications with 0 – 2 kHz.
- Easy to use and fast design-in – Driver, MOSFETs, load current sensing and diagnostic and protection functions – all integrated in one package, promoting fast and lean design-in activities.
- Full flexibility – The BTN7030-1EPA supports brushed DC motors both in halfor H-bridge configuration.
- Cost and board space optimization – Compared to a discrete solution, our integrated half-bridge solution, the BTN7030-1EPA, saves PCB area and cost on a system level.
- Improved thermal behavior – This device has an exposed pad which ensures better cooling.
- Functional safety – The BTN7030-1EPA includes an integrated under voltage, MOSFETs’ over temperature- and overcurrent protection, measured directly in the MOSFETs. In an H-bridge configuration, the BTN7030-1EPA furthermore provides a redundancy case for functional safety.
Summary of Features
- Path resistance of max. 62 mΩ @ 150°C (typ. 32 mΩ @ 25°C)
- Current limitation level of 14 A @ 150°C, 17 A @ 25°C
- Status flag diagnosis with current sense capability
- Over Temperature shutdown with latch behavior
- Undervoltage shut down
- Cross current protection
- Open load in ON and OFF detection
- Short circuit to GND and VBAT detection
- Driver circuit with logic level inputs
- Operation up to 28 V (normal operation 6V – 18V)
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified in PG-TSDSO-14 package