Power ICs: microBUCK® Voltage Regulator
Scalability, ease of use and high efficiency
Vishay’s microBUCK® DC/DC Regulators offer flexibility and integration while maintaining high efficiency. This portfolio reduces costs in designs with a selection of high-density parts with common pinouts. This allows applications to scale for the best combination of cost and performance.
Vishay microBUCK® Integrated Voltage Regulators accommodate a variety of applications, including computing, consumer electronics, telecom, and industrial and the Series included are the SiC43x, SiC44x, SiC45x, SiC46x, SiC47x.
- Industry leading MOSFET Technology
- High-side Very low Qsw and Qgd reduce switching-related power loss
- Low-side Monolithic Schottky improves reverse recovery
- Very low on-resistance RDS(on) with high density process
- Innovative Control IC Design
- Wide operating voltage (4.5V – 60V)
- PMBus 1.3 interface with telemetry available for SiC45x series
- Power save / Ultrasonic mode → high efficiency at light loads
- Fast transient response (COT-VM)
- Full protection set (OC, OV, OT, and UV)
- Advanced Multi Chip Packaging
- Thermally enhanced Leadframe QFN package
- A single CU clip forms the SW node connection, resulting in reduced source inductance and lower switching losses
microBUCK® voltage regulators commonly feature key components such as high-stability thin-film chip resistors in the feedback network, ensuring precise resistance for accurate voltage regulation. Power inductors within the buck converter topology manage High-current flow while regulating output voltage efficiently. Capacitors play crucial roles in stabilizing input and output voltages, filtering noise, and ensuring a stable power source. The meticulous selection of components, considering scalability, efficiency, precision, high-current, high-energy, wide input voltage, and power densities, enables the design of a robust and reliable microBUCK® voltage regulator that meets the diverse demands of modern power supply applications.
PowerCAD Simulation Tool is a free online tool that designers can use to accelerate their circuit design and enhance confidence for a first time success. This tool allows the user to see online schematics, functional analysis tools, simulation waveforms, and more.