NXP’s newest applications processor for secure, affordable and intelligent edge computing.
The i.MX 8M Nano applications processor provides affordable performance for smart, connected, power-efficient devices requiring graphics, vision, voice control, intelligent sensing and general-purpose processing.
The i.MX 8M Nano application processor represents NXP’s latest graphics and audio experience combining state-of-the-art media-specific features with high-performance processing while optimized for lowest power consumption. The i.MX 8M Nano family of processors features advanced implementation of a quad Arm® Cortex®-A53 core, which operates at speeds of up to 1.5 GHz. A general purpose Cortex®-M7 running up to 750 MHz core processor is for real-time and low-power processing.
The i.MX 8M Nano family of processors provides additional computing resources and peripherals:
- Advanced security modules for secure boot, cipher acceleration and DRM support
- A wide range of audio interfaces, including I2S, AC 97, TDM, and S/PDIF
- Large set of peripherals that are commonly used in consumer/industrial market, including USB and Ethernet
- Streaming audio devices – surround sound, wireless or networked speakers, sound bars, audio/video (AV) receivers, public address systems
- Smart home and building automation – HVAC climate control, home gateway, smart appliances, robotic appliances, building access control, lighting control
- Industrial IoT – voice-assisted products, machine learning (e.g. face recognition and anomaly detection), test and measurement equipment, human-machine interface (HMI), printers, image scanners, machine visual inspection and management, two-way radio, mobility and logistics
- Consumer and healthcare – mobile patient care, health care diagnostics, health care monitoring, blood pressure monitor, activity and wellness monitor, fitness equipment