ST16C1550 Series 1.5 Mbps 5.5 V Surface Mount UART With 16-Byte FIFO - TQFP-48
|Nom du fabricant:||MaxLinear|
|Code de date:|
MaxLinear ST16C1550CQ48-F - Spécifications du produit
Informations de livraison:
Statut du produit:
$Fonctionnalités et applications
The ST16C1550, ST16C1551 series (here on denoted as the 155X) is a universal asynchronous receiver and transmitter (UART). The 155X is an improved version of the SSI 73M1550 and SSI 73M2550 UART with higher operating speed and lower access time. The 155X provides enhanced UART functions with 16 byte FIFOs, a modem control interface, independent programmable baud rate generators with clock rates to 1.5 Mbps.
Onboard status registers provide the user with error indications and operational status. System interrupts and modem control features may be tailored by external software to meetspecific user requirements. An internal loopback capability allows onboard diagnostics. The 155X is available in a 28-pin PLCC/plastic-DIP, 48-pin TQFP packages.
The Baud rate generator can be configured for either crystal or external clock input with the exception of the 28 pin 1551 package.
An external clock must be provided for the 28 pin 1551 package. Each package type, with the exception of the 28 pin 1550, provides a buffered reset output that can be controlled through user software. DMA monitor signals TXRDY/RXRDY are not available at the 155X I/O pins but these signals are accessible through ISR register bits 4-5. Except as listed above, each package version has the same features. The 155X is functionally compatible with the 16C550. The 155X is fabricated in an advanced CMOS process to achieve low drain power and high speed requirements.
- Pin and functionally compatible to SSI 73M1550/2550 Software compatible to INS8250, NS16C550
- 1.5 Mbps transmit/receive operation (24Mhz Max.) with programmable clock control
- 16 byte transmit FIFO
- 16 byte receive FIFO with error flags
- Four independently selectable Transmit and Receive FIFO interrupt trigger levels
- Modem control signals (-CTS, -RTS, -DSR, -DTR, -RI, -CD)
- Programmable character lengths (5, 6, 7, 8) with Even, odd, or no parity
- Crystal or external clock input (except 28 pin ST16C1551)
- Provides enhanced 16C550 features for power down and software controllable reset output
- 460.8 Kbps transmit/receive operation with 7.3728 MHz crystal or external clock source
- Pb-Free, RoHS Compliant Versions Offered