Manufacturer Part #
MCP3551 Delta Sigma ADC Evaluation Board
|Application Type:||ADC/DAC Solutions|
Features & Applications
MCP3551DM-PCTL Delta-Sigma ADC Demo Board is designed to demonstrate Microchip Technology’s MCP3551 22-Bit Delta-Sigma Analog-to-Digital (ADC) Converter performance using DataView™ software installed on a PC.
The demo board can be used with MPLAB® ICD2, PICkit™ 1 Flash Starter Kit, or PICkit™ 2 for developing demonstration/evaluation firmware. Optionally, a second installed MCP3551 can be used with and optional stimulus board (sold separately). The PCB layout practices low-noise design to reduce the signal noise as much as possible in order to demonstrate the 22-Bit performance of the MCP3551.
- Three precision potentiometers for demonstrating the capabilities of the MCP3551
- On-board PIC18F4550 with USB for DataView communication
- USB interface for connecting to a PC
- Dataview™ software with easy-to-read format and data logging
- Three headers/connectors for programming the PICmicro® using any of the following:
- PICkit™1 Flash Starter Kit
- MPLAB® ICD2 (debugger and programmer)