Manufacturer Part #
MCP6S22 PGA PICtail(tm) Demonstration Board
|Application Type:||Operational Amplifier Evaluation|
Features & Applications
MCP6S22DM-PICTL PGA PICtail Demo Board is used to evaluate and demonstrate Microchip Technology’s Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA) family, MCP6S21/2/6/8, this board has a user interface to program the MCP6S22 two-channel PGA.
It can also be interfaced with Microchip’s PICkit™ 1 Flash Starter Kit Development Board. This platform allows the user to develop firmware that selects the PGA gains and channels using the SPI™ interface.
The Demo Board can be used as a stand-alone, with a user interface that allows the PGA gains and channels to be selected without a firmware development. The board uses a USB interface to communicate with a Personal Computer (PC), while the Pickit software can be used as a Graphical User Interface (GUI) to display the PGA output voltage.
- Demonstrates MCP6S22/92 PGA functionality
- Interfaces to the PICKit™ 1 Flash Starter kit
- Interfaces directly to a PC via the USB port for stand-alone mode of operation
- 13-Bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) with SPI interface
- An optical sensor circuit connects to the PGA
- An adjustable voltage source connects to the PGA
- Four-layer PCB with separate ground and power supply planes provide noise immunity