Manufacturer Part #
MIC2843A Series 20 mA 5.5V 500 kHz 6-Channel Linear White LED Driver - MLF-10
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
5000 per Reel
|Supply Voltage:||3V to 5.5V|
|Output Current per Channel:||20mA|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MIC2843AYMT TR is a high efficiency linear White LED (WLED) driver designed to drive up to six WLEDs, greatly extending battery life for portable display backlighting keypad backlighting, and camera flash in mobile devices.
The MIC2843A provides the highest possible efficiency as this architecture has no switching losses present in traditional charge pumps or inductive boost circuits. The MIC2843A provides six linear drivers which maintain constant current for up to six WLEDs. It features a typical dropout of 40 mV at 20 mA. This allows the WLEDs to be driven directly from the battery eliminating switching noise/losses present with the use of boost circuitry.
The MIC2843A features Dynamic Average Matching™ (DAM™) which is specifically designed to provide optimum matching across all WLEDs. The six channels are matched better than ±1.5% typical, ensuring uniform display illumination under all conditions. The brightness is controlled through an Ultra Fast PWM™ interface operating down to less than 1% duty cycle. The MIC2843A is available in the 10-pin 2 mm x 2 mm Thin MLF® leadless package with a junction temperature range of -40°C to +125°C.
- High Efficiency (no Voltage Boost losses).
- Dynamic Average Matching™ (DAM™).
- Ultra Fast PWM™ control (200Hz to 500kHz).
- Input voltage range: 3.0 V to 5.5 V.
- Dropout of 40 mV at 20 mA.
- Matching better than ±1.5% (typical).
- Current Accuracy better than ±1.5% (typical).
- Maintains proper regulation regardless of how many channels are utilized.
- Available in a 10-pin 2 mm x 2 mm Thin MLF® package.
- Mobile handsets.
- LCD handset backlighting.
- Digital cameras.
- Portable media\MP3 players.
- Portable navigation devices.
- Portable applications.
5000 per Reel