Manufacturer Part #
MIC2587 Series 80 5 mA Single-Channel, Positive High-Voltage Hot Swap Controller
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
95 per Tube
Revision History:September 1, 2015: Issued initial notification as PCN number CYER-31JLEX869.February 25, 2016: Issued intermediate notification as PCN number JAON-22ZKEM744. Attached the Qualification Report. Revised the estimated first ship date (EFSD) to inform that the EFSD will be revealed in the final PCN.October 4, 2018: Issued final notification as PCN number JAON-22ZKEM744-BCD2000017 for listed Micrel's Controller products manufactured with the BCD2 process technology. Provided estimated first ship date (EFSD) for each CPN listed in the attached parts list.Description of Change:Release to production of listed Micrel Controller product type manufactured with the BCD2 process technology to Microchip Fab.Pre Change: Fabricated at Micrel fabrication site (San Jose, CA, USA) using 6 inch wafers.Post Change: Fabricated at Microchip fabrication site using 8 inch wafers.Reason for Change:To improve productivity with the closure of the Micrel fab as part of the integration of Micrel and Microchip.
|Type:||Industrial Alarm Systems Controller|
|No of Outputs:||Single|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MIC2587R-2YM is a single-channel positive voltage hot swap controllers designed to provide safe insertion and removal of boards for systems that require live (always-powered) backplanes. These devices use few external components and act as controllers for external N-channel power MOSFET devices to provide inrush current control and output voltage slew rate control.
Overcurrent fault protection is provided via programmable analog foldback current limit circuitry equipped with a programmable overcurrent filter. These protection circuits combine to limit the power dissipation of the external MOSFET to insure that the MOSFET is in its SOA during fault conditions. The MIC2587R-2YM provides a circuit breaker function that latches the output MOSFET off if the load current exceeds the current limit threshold for the duration of the programmable timer. The MIC2587R provides a circuit breaker function that automatically attempts to restart power after a load current fault at a low duty cycle to prevent the MOSFET from overheating. Each device provides either an active-HIGH (-1BM) or an active-LOW (-2BM) “Power-is-Good” signal to indicate that the output load voltage is within tolerance.
- MIC2587: Pin-for-pin functional equivalent to the LT1641.
- Operates from +10 V to +80 V with 100 V ABS MAX operation.
- Industrial temperature specifications at VCC = +24 V and VCC = +48 V.
- Programmable current limit with analog foldback.
- Active current regulation minimizes inrush current.
- Electronic circuit breaker for overcurrent fault protection.
- Output latch off (MIC2587) or
- Output auto-retry (MIC2587R).
- Fast responding circuit breaker (<2μs) to short circuit loads.
- Programmable input undervoltage lockout.
- Fault Reporting:
- Open-drain “Power-is-Good” output for enabling DC/DC converter(s).
- Active-LOW:MIC2587-2 /MIC2587R-2.
- General-purpose hot board insertion.
- High-voltage, high-side electronic circuit breaker.
- +12 V/+24 V/+48 V Distributed Power Systems.
- +24 V/+48 V Industrial/Alarm Systems.
- Telecom Systems.
- Medical systems.
95 per Tube