Manufacturer Part #
MIC284 Series 5.5 V Surface Mount Two-Zone Thermal Supervisor - MSOP-8
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
100 per Tube
Microchip has released a new Product Documents for the MIC284 - Two-Zone Thermal Supervisor of devices.Description of Change: 1) Converted Micrel data sheet MIC284 to Microchip data sheet DS20006476A. 2) Minor grammatical corrections throughout. Reason for Change: To Improve Productivity Date Document Changes Effective: 10 Dec 2020NOTE: Please be advised that this is a change to the document only the product has not been changed.
|Supply Voltage:||2.7V to 5.5V|
|Operating Temp Range:||-55°C to +125°C|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MIC284-0YMM is a versatile digital thermal supervisor capable of measuring temperature using its own internal sensor and an inexpensive external sensor or embedded silicon diode such as those found in the Intel Pentium III* CPU.
A 2-wire serial interface is provided to allow communication with either I2C** or SMBus* masters. Features include an open-drain over-temperature output with dedicated registers for implementing fan control or over-temperature shutdown circuits. Interrupt status and mask bits are provided for reduced software overhead. The open-drain interrupt output pin can be used as either an overtemperature alarm or a thermostatic control signal. A programmable address pin permits two devices to share the bus. (Alternate base addresses available-contact Micrel.) Superior performance, low power and small size makes the MIC284 an excellent choice for the most demanding thermal management applications.
*SMBus and Pentium III are trademarks of Intel Corporation.
**I2C is a trademark of Philips Electronics, N.V.
- Optimized for CPU Thermal Supervision in Computing Applications.
- Measures Local and Remote Temperature.
- Sigma-Delta ADC for 8-Bit Temperature Results.
- 2-Wire SMBus-compatible Interface.
- Programmable Thermostat Settings for both Internal and External Zones.
- Open-Drain Interrupt Output Pin.
- Open-Drain Over Temperature Output Pin for Fan Control or Hardware Shutdown.
- Interrupt Mask and Status Bits.
- Low Power Shutdown Mode.
- Failsafe response to diode faults.
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V Power Supply Range.
- 8-Lead SOIC and MSOP Packages.
- Desktop, Server and Notebook Computers.
- Power Supplies.
- Test and Measurement Equipment.
- Wireless Systems.
- Networking/Datacom Hardware
100 per Tube