High-Performance, Ultra-Low-Power, Secure MCU
Infineon’s line of PSoC™ 6 Microcontrollers enable next-generation intelligent, connected medical, industrial and consumer wearable applications with ultra-low-power consumption, flexible compute capabilities, integrated security, as well as seamless Wi-Fi and Bluetooth LE connectivity.
The high-performance family of PSoC™ 62 MCUs have up to 2MB of flash enabling wearable devices with a range of functions in one low power platform including: sensor fusion for diagnostics, rich graphical display + intuitive UI for users, reliable cloud or mobile app connectivity, and much more. The MCU has an integrated CAPSENSE™ capacitive-sensing block, to ensure accurate touch and gesture recognition on the wearable device.
The PSoC™ 62 MCUs can be paired with Infineon AIROC™ Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® combo SoCs, such as the ultra-low-power 802.11n + Bluetooth® 5.2 CYW43012. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® driver support is fully integrated into the ModusToolbox™ Software Environment for a seamless compute and connectivity development experience to ensure wearable device developers can focus on product differentiation and bettering the user’s experience.
PSoC™ 62 Features
Programmable Analog & Digital
- Advanced cryptographic coprocessor (Crypto)
- True random number generator
- One-time programmable eFuse for secure key storage
- Secure over-the-air (OTA) firmware update with read-while-write flash technology for firmware updates
PSoC™ 62 Block Diagram
Ultra-Low-Power MCU & Wi-Fi Development Platform
An increasingly complex design challenge for IoT developers is the requirement to implement sensor processing, wireless connectivity, security, HMI, and more in a resource constrained device that requires low overall system power consumption. Infineon provides the new PSoC™ 62 MCU + CYW43012 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Development Kit (CY8CKIT-062S2-43012) along with software enablement to make multiple power optimization design techniques easy to implement.
This New PSoC™ Development Platform Features:
The PSoC™ 6 MCU:
- Dual-core architecture: Arm® Cortex®-M4 and Cortex-M0+
- Built on 40nm low-power providing as little as 22 uA/MHz in active power mode
- Programmable analog and digital blocks for easy sensor integration
- Integrates the industry’s best capacitive-sensing, CAPSENSE™
- Hardware-based security features that include hardware cryptographic accelerators and a true-random number generator (TRNG)
The AIROC™ CYW43012 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® Combo Radio:
- Industry-leading Dual Band 802.11n/802.11ac-friendly Wi-Fi and Dual-Mode Bluetooth® 5 with 2-Mbps LE PHY
- Built on a 28nm ultra-low-power technology with enhanced low power modes to deliver, up to 70% savings in receive current, 25% savings in transmit current, and 80% savings in low power modes compared to existing 40nm 802.11n products
Support for the new Low Power Assistant (LPA) middleware within the ModusToolbox™ Software Environment, integrates host offloads, low power system configurations, and more.