Future 8 Ball brings to life an effortless design solution that features 8-bit PIC® microcontrollers, low-power analog, temperature sensors and OLED displays. In addition, the MikroBus interface gives developers an opportunity to select from hundreds of Mikroe Click Boards to rapidly prototype their applications. The Future 8 Ball board allows developers of all skill levels to easily bring their ideas to life and Microchip’s free MPLAB ecosystem completes the ease of developing with Future 8 Ball.
8-bit PIC® microcontrollers are easy to use in a large variety of devices, including IoT sensor end nodes, wearable electronics, Motor control and many more. Use the Future 8 ball development board to try your hand at device designs for any of these applications.
With more than 45 years of development and commercial experience, Microchip’s PIC MCU brand is a dominant architecture in the embedded design world. It is one of the most cost-effective MCUs in the market with long-term availability. Microchip’s broad portfolio of MCU products is designed to be easy to work with, regardless of experience and offer a complete rapid design, prototype and test, for all aspects of system design.
Microchip’s linear Low-Dropout (LDO) regulators feature ultra-low quiescent current, ultra-low dropout voltage, ultra-high ripple rejection, very accurate output, fast transient response, and a broad selection of packages with a wide range of input voltages.
Some Features of the Future 8 Ball Board:
- PIC16F18446: 8-bit product family features high resolution, intelligent analog and Core Independent Peripherals (CIPs) and the Nano Curiosity board DM164144 will allow you the ability to program and debug your development journey through the MPLAB® ecosystem.
- MCP16251/2: is a compact, high-efficiency, fixed frequency, synchronous step-up DC-DC converter, providing an easy-to-use power supply solution for battery powered applications.
- MCP1812: is a 300mA LDO linear regulator that provides high-current and low-output voltages while maintaining an ultra-low 250nA of quiescent current during device operation.
- AT30TSE754A: temperature sensor is capable of measuring and converting temperatures from -55°C to 125°C to a digital word and provides a typical accuracy of ±0.5°C over the operating temperature range of 0°C to 85°C.
- E92VP: Energizer battery AAA Alka-Zinc Manganese Dioxide 1.5V
- IoT sensor end nodes
- Motor control
- Industrial processing control
- Home appliances
- Touch sensing
- Automotive systems
- Long-life, battery-powered devices
- Wearable electronics