Manufacturer Part #
MIC38HC42 Series 6 mA 500 kHz BiCMOS Current-Mode PWM Controller - DIP-8
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
50 per Tube
Microchip MIC38HC42YN - Product Specification
Description of Change:Qualification of G600V as an additional/alternative mold compound material for selected products available in 8L, 14L, 16L, 18L, 20L, 28L, 40L PDIP and 28L SPDIP packages at MMT assembly site using gold (Au) wire.Pre Change:Using GE800 mold compound material.Post Change:Using GE800 mold compound material or using G600V mold compound material.Reason for Change:To improve on time delivery performance by qualifying G600V as an addition/alternative mold compound material for selected PDIP and SPDIP packages at MMT assembly site. Because of factory shutdowns due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we must quickly implement this change or risk not having material to ship. Estimated First Ship Date:April 30, 2020 (date code: 2018)
Microchip MIC38HC42YN - Technical Attributes
|Supply Voltage:||9V to 20V|
|Mounting Method:||Through Hole|
$Features & Applications
The MIC38HC42YN family are fixed frequency current-mode PWM controllers with 1 A drive current capability. Micrel’s BiCMOS devices are pin-compatible with 384x bipolar devices. Their high output drive, with fast rise and fall times, combined with low startup current make it an ideal PWM controller where high efficiency is required.
Undervoltage lockout circuitry allows the ’42 and ’44 versions to start up at 14.5 V and operate down to 9 V, and the ’43 and ’45 versions start at 8.4 V with operation down to 7.6 V. All versions operate up to 20 V. When compared to bipolar UC384x devices operating from a 15 V supply, start-up current has been reduced to 50 μA typical and operating current has been reduced to 4.0 mA typical. Decreased output rise and fall times drive larger MOSFETs, and rail-to-rail output capability increases efficiency, especially at lower supply voltages. The MIC38HC42YN also features a trimmed oscillator discharge current and bandgap reference. MIC38HC4x-1 is available in 14-pin plastic DIP and SOIC packages. 8-pin devices feature small size, while 14-pin devices separate the analog and power connections for improved performance and power dissipation.
- Fast 20 ns output rise and 15 ns output fall times.
- –40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- exceeds UC284x specifications.
- High-performance, low-power BiCMOS Process.
- Ultralow start-up current (50 μA typical).
- Low operating current (4mA typical).
- High output drive (1 A peak current, HC version).
- CMOS outputs with rail-to-rail swing.
- Current-mode operation up to 500 kHz.
- Trimmed 5 V bandgap reference.
- Pin-for-pin compatible with UC3842/3843/3844/3845(A).
- Trimmed oscillator discharge current.
- UVLO with hysteresis.
- Low cross-conduction currents.
- Current-mode, off-line, switched-mode power supplies.
- Current-mode, dc-to-dc converters.
- Step-down “buck” regulators.
- Step-up “boost” regulators.
- Flyback, isolated regulators.
- Forward converters.
- Synchronous FET converters.
50 per Tube