Cypress Ultra-Low-Power MCU & Wi-Fi Development Platform
An increasingly complex design challenge for IoT developers is the requirement to implement sensor processing, wireless connectivity, security, HMI, and more in a resource constrained device that requires low overall system power consumption. Cypress provides the new PSoC® 62 MCU + CYW43012 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Development Kit (CY8CKIT-062S2-43012) along with software enablement to make multiple power optimization design techniques easy to implement.
This new PSoC® development platform features:
The PSoC® 6 MCU:
- Dual-core architecture: Arm® Cortex®-M4 and Cortex-M0+
- Built on 40nm low-power providing as little as 22 uA/MHz in active power mode
- Programmable analog and digital blocks for easy sensor integration
- Integrates the industry’s best capacitive-sensing, CapSense®
- Hardware-based security features that include hardware cryptographic accelerators and a true-random number generator (TRNG)
The CYW43012 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Combo Radio:
- Industry-leading Dual Band 802.11n/802.11ac-friendly™ Wi-Fi and Dual-Mode Bluetooth 5 with 2-Mbps LE PHY
- Built on a 28nm ultra-low-power technology with enhanced low power modes to deliver, up to 70% savings in receive current, 25% savings in transmit current, and 80% savings in low power modes compared to existing 40nm 802.11n products
Support for the new Low Power Assistant (LPA) middleware within the ModusToolbox® Software Environment which integrates host offloads, low power system configurations, and more.