NXP – S32K14xW General Purpose Microcontrollers
High-temperature AEC-Q100 Grade 0 with CAN FD and Safety
The S32K1 family of 32-bit AEC-Q100 qualified MCUs combines a scalable family of Arm® Cortex®-M based microcontrollers built on long-lasting features with a comprehensive suite of production-grade tools supporting up to ASIL B automotive and industrial applications.
S32K1 MCUs feature ultra-low-power operating modes, a cryptographic security engine with NXP firmware and an automotive-grade Software Development Kit (SDK) with low-level drivers and the FreeRTOS™ OS. The S32K1 MCUs are available in QFN, LQFP and MAPBGA packages.
The S32K14xW microcontrollers for high-temperature (AEC-Q100 Grade 0 qualified: -40° C to +150° C Ta) are the latest addition to the S32K1 MCU family.
Based on the 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4F core, the S32K14xW MCUs (available on 48LQFP and 64LQFP package options) offer CAN FD and LIN, together with CSEc hardware security capabilities and ISO 26262 up to ASIL B functional safety compliance, guaranteeing a minimum of 15 years of assured supply.
S32K14xW Grade 0 MCUs are highly (pin-to-pin) hardware- and software- compatible with S32K1 Grade 1 devices.
S32K1 Family Features
◊ Scalable single platform
- 48 MHz Cortex-M0+ core or 80/112 MHz Cortex-M4F core
- 128 kB to 2 MB flash memory with ECC. Up to 4KB EEPROM
- 12-bit 1 Msps ADC, 16-bit FlexTimers with dead-time insertion and fault detection
- Scalable low power Run and Stop modes. Fast wake-up, clock and power gating
- QFN, LQFP and MAPBGA packages. -40 to 125/150° C. Minimum 15 years longevity
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Grade 0: -40° C to +150° C Ta
- Grade 1: -40° C to +125° C Ta
- Grade 2: -40° C to +105° C Ta
◊ Safety, security and connectivity
- Functional Safety ISO 26262 compliant, up to ASIL B
- HW and SW watchdogs, clock/power/temperature monitors
- Safety documentation and SafeAssure community support
- CSEc security engine - AES-128, secure boot and key storage
- Ethernet (10/100 Mbit/s), CAN FD, FlexIO (UART, I2C, SPI, I2S, LIN, PWM...), serial audio interface, QSPI
◊ Complete production-grade software ecosystem
- S32 Design Studio IDE: Eclipse, GCC and debugger
- Production-grade S32 Software Development Kit (S32 SDK): SPICE Level 3 compliant, MISRA tested
- NXP AUTOSAR® MCAL (ISO 26262 and QM compliant) and OS
- Security firmware - NXP provided
- Core Self-Test Library for functional safety applications
- Production-grade ASIL compliant Real Time Drivers (RTD) support
- Model-Based Design Toolbox (MBDT) for MATLAB® and Simulink®, FreeMASTER (Lite) plus Motor Control Application Tunning (MCAT) tool, and Automotive Math and Motor Control Library (AMMCLib) set
- Third-party ecosystem support to reduce time-to-market
S32K14xW MCU High-Temperature AEC-Q100 Grade 0 Block Diagram
S32K144W Evaluation Board
The S32K14WEVB-Q064 is an evaluation and development board for general-purpose automotive applications with higher demands for ambient operating temperature range.
Based on the 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4F S32K144W AEC-Q100 Grade 0 qualified (-40° C to +150° C Ta), the S32K14WEVB-Q064 offers a standard-based form factor compatible with the Arduino® UNO pin layout, providing a broad range of expansion board options for quick application prototyping and demonstration.