Manufacturer Part #
SST25VF Series 8 Mbit 1 M x 8 3 V Surface Mount SPI Serial Flash - WSON-8
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
98 per Tube
Description of Change:Qualification of Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMIC) as an additional fabrication site for selected SST25PF020B, SST25VF020B, SST25VF040B and SST25VF080B device families.Pre Change:Device families SST25PF020B and SST25VF020B fabricated at Maxchip Electronics Corporation -Fab 8A (M08A) using 8-inch wafersDevice families SST25VF040B and SST25VF080B fabricated at Grace SemiconductorManufacturing Company-Fab1 (GC01) using 8-inch wafersPost Change:Device families SST25PF020B and SST25VF020B fabricated at Maxchip Electronics Corporation -Fab 8A (M08A) using 8-inch wafers or Fabricated at Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation SMIC - (SCB1) using 12-inch wafersDevice families SST25VF040B and SST25VF080B fabricated at Grace Semiconductor Manufacturing Company-Fab1 (GC01) using 8-inch wafers or Fabricated at Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation SMIC - (SCB1) using 12-inch wafers.Reason for Change:To improve manufacturability by qualifying Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation as an additional fabrication site.Estimated First Ship Date:June 08, 2020 (date code: 2024)
Microchip has released a new Product Documents for the SST25VF080B Data Sheet - 8-Mbit SPI Serial Flash of devices.Description of Change: 1) Updated standby current. 2) Updated formatting to current template. 3) Updated package drawings to latest versions. 4) Added package marking section. 5) Updated Product Identification System Nickel plating note.6) Added 16-ball XFBGA package.Reason for Change: To Improve ProductivityDate Document Changes Effective: 31 Mar 2020NOTE: Please be advised that this is a change to the document only the product has not been changed.
|Memory Organization:||1 M x 8|
|Supply Voltage-Nom:||2.7V to 3.6V|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
NOTE: This SST product is migrating to the preferred Microchip (MCP) part number. All products bearing the Microchip part number are identical in form, fit and function to the products with the legacy SST prefix/logo mark.
The SSST25VF080B-50-4C-QAF is a part of SST25VF series SPI Serial Flash. It has an standard industria operating temperature ranging from -40°C to +85°C, it comes in WSON-8 package.
The SST25VF080B devices are enhanced with improved operating frequency for lower power consumption. SST25VF080B SPI serial flash memories are manufactured with SST's proprietary, high-performance CMOS SuperFlash technology. The split-gate cell design and thick-oxide tunneling injector attain better reliability and manufacturability compared with alternate approaches.
- Single Voltage Read and Write Operations – 2.7-3.6 V
- Serial Interface Architecture – SPI Compatible: Mode 0 and Mode 3
- High Speed Clock Frequency – 50/66 MHz conditional - (SST25VF080B-50-xx-xxxx) – 80 MHz - (SST25VF080B-80-xx-xxxx)
- Superior Reliability – Endurance: 100,000 Cycles (typical) – Greater than 100 years Data Retention
- Low Power Consumption: – Active Read Current: 10 mA (typical) – Standby Current: 5 μA (typical)
- Flexible Erase Capability – Uniform 4 KByte sectors – Uniform 32 KByte overlay blocks – Uniform 64 KByte overlay blocks
- Fast Erase and Byte-Program: – Chip-Erase Time: 35 ms (typical) – Sector-/Block-Erase Time: 18 ms (typical) – Byte-Program Time: 7 μs (typical)
- Auto Address Increment (AAI) Programming – Decrease total chip programming time over Byte-Program operations
- End-of-Write Detection – Software polling the BUSY bit in Status Register – Busy Status readout on SO pin in AAI Mode
- Hold Pin (HOLD#) – Suspends a serial sequence to the memory without deselecting the device
- Write Protection (WP#) – Enables/Disables the Lock-Down function of the status register
- Software Write Protection – Write protection through Block-Protection bits in status register
- Temperature Range – Commercial: 0°C to +70°C – Industrial: -40°C to +85°C
- Packages Available – 8-lead SOIC (200 mils) – 8-contact WSON (6mm x 5mm) – 8-lead PDIP (300 mils)
- All devices are RoHS compliant
98 per Tube