Laird Connectivity Summit SOM 8M Plus
High-performance, secure and robust IoT System-on-Module
The Laird Connectivity Summit SOM 8M Plus is a robust, secure and high-performance System-on-Module (SoM) geared for your next IoT designs.
Featuring reliable connectivity, global certification, a proven security architecture, long term software support, security peripherals and device management features, the Summit SOM 8M Plus is powered by NXP’s:
- i.MX 8M Plus processor
- 88W8997 Bluetooth + WiFi solution
- PMICs (PCA9450CHN and PM823UK)
- Performance LPDDR4 RAM
- eMMC 5.1 storage
- Reliable connectivity
- PA/LNA provide excellent connectivity in difficult environments, plus enterprise support for better roaming, encryption, single SKU support, hardware LTE coex, and more.
- ML, Graphics, Video, Vision and Audio - up to 3 displays
- 2.3 TOPS Machine Learning/Neural Processing Unit, up to 1200p60 or 4Kp30 displays, 2 shader GPU, 1080p60 multi codec encode and decode VPU, 2 MIPI-CSI camera interfaces, dedicated Image Signal Processing up to 12 MP, HiFi4 audio DSP
- Secure enclave and secure boot powered by the i.MX 8M Plus
- Dedicated on-board security hardware, secure boot Linux, and high-performance and flexible secure storage system for passwords, certificates, and data storage.
- Robust software
- LTS Summit Yocto Linux and Summit Zephyr RTOS with CVE remediation available, plus NXP’s base Linux and FreeRTOS releases
- Smart Buildings and appliances
- Smart Robotics
- Industrial IoT (IIoT) & Vision Systems
- Printers & Scanners
- Medical Devices
Introducing the Summit SOM 8M Plus from Laird
Introducing Laird Connectivity's Bluetooth Low Energy Lyra Series